Geo-Environmental have a team of highly qualified geotechnical engineers and engineering geologists, who have the technical skill to assess a slope and its specific conditions and to progress the assessment from site investigation to final modelling. Our engineers also have experience with carrying out back analysis on slopes that have already failed to determine the cause and recommendations on remedial measures.
Performing the modelling allows us to advise our clients on the best solution for their slope design. This advice can include measures such as:
- Improved drainage to enhance stability by controlling the flow of water;
- Planting appropriate vegetation to effectively bind the slope;
- Reducing the surcharge at the crest – by using lightweight fills;
- Increasing the surcharge on the toe at the bottom of the slope;
- Soil stabilisation e.g., with cement;
- Using geotextiles to reinforce the earth or soil nailing;
- Reducing the height of the slope; and
- Reducing the angle of the slope.
- Advice on retaining wall design
If you want to know more either contact us or download our slope stability brochure.
Case studies from some of Geo-Environmental’s previous slope stability assessments can be found here (Swanage Seafront) and here (Keepers Cottage).